Skip to content

Affiliated Programs

Semester, Academic Year and Summer Programs

Montclair State University Affiliated Programs

Providers:  These are programs run by third-party providers.  The provider may be a non-profit (SIT) or for-profit private company that runs study abroad programs for universities around the country (SIT, ISA and CEA are our current affiliates).  Montclair State has partnered with these providers to offer programs for Montclair students.

Institutions:  These are universities, colleges or programs abroad that have been approved by Montclair State for study abroad.

For these programs, you must apply through the Study Abroad Office at Montclair State University.

  • Maintain your Montclair State enrollment
  • Billed by the Affiliate Program
  • Not charged Montclair State tuition and fees
  • Receive Transfer credit, no grades
  • Eligible to use financial aid: Federal

You may be able to use financial aid. If you already qualify for financial aid, in most cases you may apply some or all of it to your study-abroad experience.  Below is a guideline for determining what type of aid you can use for your study abroad program. You will need to check with the Financial Aid Office to discuss your particular situation.

Financial Aid

Montclair State University Affiliated ProgramsAll federal aid, but not state aid, may be applied toward your study abroad.  These include:

  • Pell
  • SEOG


  • Stafford
  • Plus
  • NJ Class
  • Private
  • Perkins

Most institutional aid such as Foundation Scholars and MSU Scholars credit cannot be applied toward affiliated study abroad programs.

There are many types of financial aid and eligibility may vary. Please meet with a Financial Aid Counselor or a Study Abroad Counselor about your situation.

Montclair State University Affiliated Programs:


By clicking on the following links you will be leaving the Montclair State University website.  Once you explore the programs available through these providers, be sure to apply FIRST through the Study Abroad Office.  Your credits will not transfer unless you are first approved to participate in study abroad. Montclair State students interested in applying for a study abroad program with SIT, ISA or CEA must first complete the Montclair State Study Abroad application process.

SIT, School for International Training, worldwide
ISA, International Studies Abroad, worldwide
CEA, worldwide


Central and Eastern European Studies Program (CESP), University of Economics, Czech Republic

Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS), Denmark

American University in Cairo, Egypt

Liszt Academy, Hungary (music students only)

Studio Arts Center International (SACI), Italy

Temple Japan Program, Japan

National Research University Higher School of Economics, Russia

Moscow Conservatory, Russia (music students only)