Russia is a rapidly changing country with a unique mix of rich tradition and rapid transformation. As Russia redefines itself there is a new creative spirit apparent in the energy of the younger generation. This is the background for The Moscow State Conservatory. The school is composed of several lecture buildings and three concert halls, which together form a beautiful architectural complex. The conservatory itself consists of 7 departments: Piano, Orchestral Instruments, Vocal, Choral-Conducting, Composition, Musicology and the Study for Performance Practice. More than 1000 students are enrolled in these undergraduate programs.
From the Moscow Conservator website: http://eng.mosconsv.ru/conservatory/ The Moscow P. I. Tchaikovsky Conservatory offers private lessons, lectures, master classes and performances in these specializations:
• Instrumental Performance including piano, organ and all orchestral instruments
• Vocal Performance
• Choral Conducting
• Chamber Music
• Piano, Vocal and Strings Pedagogy
• Courses are taught by Russian professors in English and Russian.
• Instrumental students receive individual lessons, two hours per week;
• Vocalists receive three hours per week of individual instruction.
• Students have an opportunity to participate in daily master classes given by leading Russian professors, and take part in the School performances in the famous Rachmaninov Hall.
• The Pedagogy specialization includes lectures, observations and seminars in the renowned Russian system of Music Education from primary up to high level.
• The Musicology specialization includes individual lessons and lectures on music history and theory of Russian classical and folk music, European musical culture and World Music Studies.
• All International School participants have an opportunity to attend all concerts, which will run in the Moscow conservatory halls simultaneously with the School academic program.