|Deadline: December 4, 2015
Students wishing to be considered for this scholarship should hit "Apply Now" on this page and submit the following materials via the on-line application process:
- a Personal Statement (no more than two pages, double-spaced) indicating
- why you are interested in this program
- why you want to study in Graz and/or in Austria
- what you hope to gain from the experience
- how this experience would support your academic and/or career plans
- how you would be an excellent ambassador of Montclair to the City of Graz
- a Project Proposal (no more than one-page, double spaced) indicating
- what you will do upon return to promote cultural exchange and study abroad
- your goal may be, for example, to promote knowledge of German language, the culture of Austria, study abroad in general, or any original idea to help support the program's goal of increased cultural exchange.
- activities may include blogging, writing an article, becoming a peer advisor, doing a presentation, visiting classrooms or any other original idea you wish to carry out.
- Provide two references. At least one reference should be from an MSU professor. Letters are required.
- Sign off on the SA Code of Conduct Form and Liability Waiver Form form
- Submit a request to the Registrar for a sealed academic transcript sent to Domenica Dominguez, Global Education Center. Send transcript AFTER fall grades post.
Please submit transcript to:
Global Education Center
215 Stone Hall
Montclair, NJ 07043
MUSIC STUDENTS: If you are a student of the John J. Cali School of Music applying to study at the University of Music and Performing Arts through this scholarship, your application should include three (3) music department letters of recommendation; one each from
- your studio teacher
- your area coordinator or academic advisor
- your major ensemble director
Supply a copy of the Global Education Reference Form to each of these faculty members in sufficient time for them to complete it (at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline as a courtesy). In addition, please ask them to write a letter of recommendation.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR MUSIC STUDENTS:
Audition DVD with 3 musical pieces or songs/arias from various periods(Length about 30 min.). The musical selections should be unedited with the applicant filmed in full body-length view. If the applicant is a singer, he or she should present at least one song/aria in German. Please submit recent work (within the past year.) If for any reason you are unable to submit the DVD by December 4th, please notify Domenica Dominguez (email@example.com)
Deadline: December 4, 2015
Visa information: For more information regarding visas, please review this document: Visa-Info for US+CA students.pdf